Instant download to solution. Once the payment is made, the solution file link will be auto-mailed to your specified E-mail id. Check your inbox as well as spam folder. You can download the solution file by clicking that link.
1. Ken Williams Ventures' recently issued bonds that mature in 15 years. They have a par value of $1,000 and an annual coupon of 6%. If the current market interest rate is 8%, at what price should the bonds sell?
2. You intend to purchase a 10-year, $1,000 face value bond that pays interest of $60 every 6 months. If your nominal annual required rate of return is 10% with semiannual compounding, how much should you be willing to pay for this bond?
a. $ 826.31
c. $ 957.50
3. Leggio Corporation issued 20-year, 7% annual coupon bonds at their par value of $1,000 one year ago. Today, the market interest rate on these bonds has dropped to 6%. What is the new price of the bonds, given that they now have 19 years to maturity?
4. A 20-year, $1,000 par value bond has a 9% annual coupon. The bond currently sells for $925. If the yield to maturity remains at its current rate, what will the price be 5 years from now?
5. Wald Corporation has outstanding bonds with a 6-year maturity, $1,000 par value, and 7% coupon paid semiannually (3.5% each 6 months), and those bonds sells at their par value. Wald has another bond with the same risk, maturity, and par value, but this second bond pays a 7% annual coupon. What is an estimate of the price of the annual coupon bond? Neither bond is callable.
a. $ 994.18
b. $ 998.56
6. Kholdy Inc's bonds currently sell for $1,275. They pay a $120 annual coupon and have a 20-year maturity, but they can be called in 5 years at $1,120. Assume that no costs other than the call premium would be incurred to call and refund the bonds, and also assume that the yield curve is horizontal, with rates expected to remain at current levels on into the future. What is the difference between the bond's YTM and its YTC?
7. Walker Industries has a bond outstanding with 12 years to maturity, a 9% coupon paid semiannually, and a $1,000 par value. The bond has a 7% nominal yield to maturity, but it can be called in 3 years at a price of $1,045. What is the bond’s nominal yield to call?
8. A 12-year, 8.5% annual coupon bond has a yield to maturity of 9.5% and a par value of $1,000. What is the bond’s current yield?