Instant download to solution. Once the payment is made, the solution file link will be auto-mailed to your specified E-mail id. Check your inbox as well as spam folder. You can download the solution file by clicking that link.
1. Liquidity ratios. Edison, Stagg, and Thornton have the following financial information at the close of business on July 10:
Notes payable: short-term
Compute the current and quick ratios for each of the three companies. (Round calculations to two decimal places.) Which firm is the most liquid? Why?
2. Computation and evaluation of activity ratios. The following data relate to Alaska Products, Inc:
Compute the accounts receivable and inventory turnover ratios for 19X5. Alaska rounds all calculations to two decimal places.
3. Profitability ratios, trading on the equity. Digital Relay has both preferred and common stock outstanding. The company reported the following information for 19X7:
4. Horizontal analysis. Mary Lynn Corporation has been operating for several years. Selected data from the 20X1 and 20X2 financial statements follow.
Prepare a horizontal analysis for 20X1 and 20X2. Briefly comment on the results of your work.
5. Vertical analysis. Mary Lynn Corporation has been operating for several years. Selected data from the 20X1 and 20X2 financial statements follow.
Prepare a vertical analysis for 20X1 and 20X2. Briefly comment on the results of your work.
6. Ratio computation. The financial statements of the Lone Pine Company follow.
Compute the following items for Lone Pine Company for 20X2, rounding all calculations to two decimal places when necessary:
a. Quick ratio
b. Current ratio
c. Inventory-turnover ratio
d. Accounts-receivable-turnover ratio
e. Return-on-assets ratio
f. Net-profit-margin ratio
g. Return-on-common-stockholders’ equity
h. Debt-to-total assets
i. Number of times that interest is earned
j. Dividend payout rate
7. Profit Margin. Below is a comparative income statement for Cecil, Inc. for the years 2010, 2011, and 2012. Calculate the profit margin for each of these years. Comment on the profit margin trend. What changes would you recommend to improve the net margin of the company?
8. Reflect for a moment on the ratios (working capital, current ratio, quick ratio, debt to asset, debt to equity, times interest earned, gross margin and net margin) presented above. If you were considering investing in a company what ratio would be the most important to you? Formulate and argument to defend your position.