Instant download to solution. Once the payment is made, the solution file link will be auto-mailed to your specified E-mail id. Check your inbox as well as spam folder. You can download the solution file by clicking that link. If your are not getting any mail with link, it may be due to any technical issue, just mail us, so we can send it manually through mail.
1. Calculating Returns: Suppose a stock had an initial price of $84 per share, paid a dividend of $1.40 per share during the year, and had an ending share price of $96. Compute the percentage total return.
4. Calculating Returns: Suppose you bought a 7.5 percent coupon bond one year ago for $1,030. The bond sells for $970 today.
a. Assuming a $1,000 face value, what was your total dollar return on this investment over the past year?
b. What was your total nominal rate of return on this investment over the past year?
12. Holding Period Return: A stock has had returns of -17.62 percent, 15.38 percent, 10.95 percent, 26.83 percent, and 5.31 percent over the past five years, respectively. What was the holding period return for the stock?
14. Calculating Returns: You bought a share of 5.5 percent preferred stock for $92.73 last year. The market price for your stock is now $95.89. What is your total return for last year?
15. Calculating Returns: You bought a stock three months ago for $32.81 per share. The stock paid no dividends. The current share price is $37.53. What is the APR of your investment? The EAR?