Instant download to solution. Once the payment is made, the solution file link will be auto-mailed to your specified E-mail id. Check your inbox as well as spam folder. You can download the solution file by clicking that link.
ACT300 PORTFOLIO PROJECT: KELLY CONSULTING SOLUTION
Kelly Consulting Transactions for May 2008
May 3 Received cash from clients as an advance payment for services to be provided and recorded it as unearned fees, $1,550.
May 5 Received cash from clients on account, $1,750.
May 9 Paid cash for a newspaper advertisement, $100
May 13 Paid Office Station Co. for part of the debt incurred on April 5, $400
May 15 Recorded services provided on account for the period May 1-15, $5,100.
May 16 Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks' salary including the amount owed on April 13, $750.
May 17 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned during the period May 1-16, $7,380
May 20 Purchased supplies on account, $500.
May 21 Recorded services provided on account for the period May 16-20, $2,900.
May 25 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period May 17-23, $4,200.
May 27 Received cash from clients on account, $6,600.
May 28 Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks' salary, $750.
May 30 Paid telephone bill for May, $150.
May 31 Paid electricity bill for May, $225.
May 31 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period May 25-31, $2,875.
May 31 Recorded services provided on account for the remainder of May, $2,200.
May 31 Kelly withdrew $7,500 for personal use.
Instructions are as follows:
1. Record the ending balances from the April 30 post closing trial balance into the ledger sheets or alternatively, you may create T-accounts on an excel spreadsheet.
2. Record journal entries for the May transactions on the journal sheets given or create a spreadsheet configured as a journal sheet.
3. Post the journal entries to the ledger sheets or if you created T-accounts post the entries to your T-accounts.
4. Enter the ending balances from the ledger or T-accounts on to the worksheet trial balance columns.
5. Enter the adjustments directly on to the worksheet.
6. Extend to the adjusted trial balance columns.
7. Extend to the financial statement columns.
8. Prepare the financial statements.
9. Enter the closing entries on to the worksheet.
10. Prepare the post closing trial balance for May.