Instant download to solution. Once the payment is made, the solution file link will be auto-mailed to your specified E-mail id. Check your inbox as well as spam folder. You can download the solution file by clicking that link.
The following expenditures relating to plant assets were made by Spaulding Company during the first 2 months of 2011.
1. Paid $5,000 of accrued taxes at time plant site was acquired.
2. Paid $200 insurance to cover possible accident loss on new factory machinery while the machinery was in transit.
3. Paid $850 sales taxes on new delivery truck.
4. Paid $17,500 for parking lots and driveways on new plant site.
5. Paid $250 to have company name and advertising slogan painted on new delivery truck.
6. Paid $8,000 for installation of new factory machinery.
7. Paid $900 for one-year accident insurance policy on new delivery truck.
8. Paid $75 motor vehicle license fee on the new truck.
(a) Explain the application of the cost principle in determining the acquisition cost of plant assets.
(b) List the numbers of the foregoing transactions, and opposite each indicate the account title to which each expenditure should be debited.
The following are selected 2011 transactions of Franco Corporation.
Jan. 1 Purchased a small company and recorded goodwill of $150,000. Its useful life is indefinite.
May 1 Purchased for $90,000 a patent with an estimated useful life of 5 years and a legal life of 20 years.
Prepare necessary adjusting entries at December 31 to record amortization required by the events above.