Instant download to solution. Once the payment is made, the solution file link will be auto-mailed to your specified E-mail id. Check your inbox as well as spam folder. You can download the solution file by clicking that link.
Maria Gonzalez opened a veterinary business in Nashville,Tennessee, on August 1. On August 31, the balance sheet showed Cash $9,000, Accounts Receivable $1,700, Supplies $600, Office Equipment $6,000, Accounts Payable $3,600, and M. Gonzalez, Capital $13,700. During September the following transactions occurred.
1. Paid $2,900 cash on accounts payable.
2. Collected $1,300 of accounts receivable.
3. Purchased additional office equipment for $2,100, paying $800 in cash and the balance on account.
4. Earned revenue of $8,000, of which $2,500 is paid in cash and the balance is due in October.
5. Withdrew $1,000 cash for personal use.
6. Paid salaries $1,700, rent for September $900, and advertising expense $300.
7. Incurred utilities expense for month on account $170.
8. Received $10,000 from Capital Bank–money borrowed on a note payable.
(a) Prepare a tabular analysis of the September transactions beginning with August 31 balances.
The column headings should be as follows: Cash _Accounts Receivable _Supplies _Office
Equipment _ Notes Payable _ Accounts Payable _ M. Gonzalez, Capital _ M. Gonzalez,
Drawings _ Revenues _ Expenses.
(b) Prepare an income statement for September, an owner’s equity statement for September,
and a balance sheet at September 30.