Instant download to solution. Once the payment is made, the solution file link will be auto-mailed to your specified E-mail id. Check your inbox as well as spam folder. You can download the solution file by clicking that link.
McDowell Industries sells on terms of 3/10, net 30. Total sales for the year are $912,500; 40 % of the customers pay on the 10th day and take discounts, while the other 60% pay on average 40 days after their purchases.
A. What is the days' sales outstanding?
B. What is the average amount of receivables?
C. What is the percentage cost of trade credit to customers who take the discount and to those who do not take it?
D. What would happen to its accounts receivable if McDowell toughened up on its collection policy with the result that all nondiscount customers paid on the 30th day?